01/09/2015

Designer Brands (DB) Longwear 24 Hour Foundation Review

In my previous post I mentioned I bought a new foundation from Designer Brands and this is my review :)


Colour: True Beige 651 (may be a little darker than I need but blends in well)
Price: $12.99
Where to buy: most chemists in Aus
Packaging: It is a square frosted glass bottle with a black lid and has a pump (yayyy!)
Formula: The formula is quite thin compared to another full coverage foundation I have been using but at the same time, gives great coverage. I have a lot of redness in the skin on my face and it covers all of it.
Application: I just pump a little bit at a time onto my finger tips, dab some on my forehead, chin and cheeks blend out and then add more until I'm happy with the coverage. I have been happy with doing 1.5 layers of the foundation and then setting it with my fresh and flawless powder.
Wearability: I wore this for the first to TAFE on Monday and it lasted well throughout the day, but my face oxidizes SO easily so it did start to oxidize a little bit, but lasted longer than my regular foundation. It also started to crease under my eyes, but I'm not 100% sure if that was from the foundation or my concealer, considering I don't set my concealer like I probably should.. haha



At the start of the day before I left:
(Looks flawless! I also used their Extend A Brow in these photos)



During the day:
(you can see as it has oxidized and my redness is showing through a little bit and there is a crease under my eye. Also apologies for the mannequin hair on my face lol :P




Overall: I really like it. Will definitely be repurchasing!

- Beth :)


No comments:

Post a Comment