19/02/2013

Sparkle Stripe Nails (Spektor's Nails)

I found a picture on Instagram of these really pretty nails. They had a white background and a gold stripe going down the nail, with a pink and purple stripe either side. I decided to try it out and this was the result.
Here is the blog post: link


It was more difficult than I anticipated but I am happy with the outcome. The white polish needed a thick layer to be opaque in one coat, so the nail already had quite a bit of nail polish on it. The gold stripe was easy because it was a striping brush and I painted it down the middle. The pink polish was also a striper, but I kept making it too thick. The purple was a Chi Chi polish from this review l and I used a nail art brush for the thin line. I did have to clean up the lines with a white striper, but as I said before I am pretty happy with how it came out ^^


Polishes Used
Sally Hansen: White On
Art Deco: gold glitter striper
Nabi: stiper in Rose
Chi Chi: purple from the Fashionista collection
BYS: white striper
Rimmel: Matte Top Coat


Original Image:

 I love this design, it's simple but so pretty! Congrats to Spektor's Nails for a great design :)

- Beth :)


2 comments: