02/12/2012

Online Makeup Haul and Review


About a month ago I ordered these things online but I kept forgetting to post a haul, so here it is! I'll provide links and prices so if you see something you like, you can have a look and maybe get it too :)



So first, the biggest thing in the picture: Fraulein38 matte and shimmer eyeshadow pallette. This was $27.60 AUD, I think this is a great price for 120 eyeshadows. The shipping costs $3.00 AUD so shipping and the palette is approx $30.00 AUD. The pallette contains two trays that you can lift out so you can view all the eyeshadows. I decided to pick this one over the other ones because I thought it had the most variety. There is every colour of the rainbow that I could think of and they are in matte and shimmer. The only downside to this pallette is that the colours aren't as pigmented as if you payed $10-20 for one eyeshadow (Revlon, Rimmel etc.) but seems I'm probably only going to be using these bright colours for cosplay/costume looks, it will work :) (and btw the matte is more pigmented than the shimmer colours)

 Here's a couple of swatches:


From 'Maytheups' on Ebay, I got 3 packets of eyelashes and some nail stickers.


I have been looking for bulk packs of eyelashes everywhere, because here in Australia eyelashes are usually around $13, The Face Shop have them for $4.50 (they have really good glue btw) but I want to wear them often and I don't like wearing the same pair of lashes twice. I looked online at eyelash stores, but the ones I found either didn't ship to Aus or the shipping was ridiculous (like $100! really?!). So I decided I would look on ebay, even if the packets were $10 for 10, that works out to $1 per pair. I came across this user and I thought her eyelashes looked  like quality lashes, they looked like the $13 ones, so I decided to buy a few and they were really inexpensive!


The brand is Taylor Xuan, I haven't heard of this brand before but I thought the packaging looked nice too (pic above). These ones are T08.
$2.00


These ones are Taylor Xuan T01
$2.00


And these are also Taylor Xuan 601
$1.80


I haven't tried them yet but I opened the packages and they feel like they are quality lashes.

I realise all these lashes are sold out but if you go to maytheups store, you can probably find very similar lashes.

Also from the maytheups store I bought some nail stickers

I haven't tried these yet either, I'm waiting for a special occasion. I've never used nail stickers before so I'm a bit worried they will fall off/scratch off really easily, but they do look really pretty, and they're still available for $1.50!


Lastly, I got two Revlon Lip Butters!



Left: Strawberry Shortcake
Right: Sweet Tart

Strawberry Shortcake

Sweet Tart

The swatch of Strawberry Shortcake is realistic, but the Sweet Tart swatch is much more pigmented and brighter in real life. In Australia, these retail for about $22 each and on Ebay I found them here for $8.00 each! So cheap!

So after my online makeup shopping, I have realised when something new hits the shelves, try to find a dupe or a less expensive seller online! And who knows, you might be in luck~

- Beth :)



No comments:

Post a Comment