21/10/2013

Makeup Academy (MUA) Haul, Swatches and Review/First Thoughts


Recently I did some shopping on the MUA website: http://www.muastore.co.uk/index.php/ after watching a few videos on YouTube by Misstango2. My order came to $17.85 AUD for 7 items plus $12.74 AUD shipping, making the grand total $30.59. I'm going to show swatches and my first thoughts on the products.

I was really happy with how the items were packaged. They were all bubble wrapped and in a cardboard box.



First up is the Undressed palette. It is apparently the dupe for the Naked palette so I decided I would try this one out and then maybe buy the Basics palette as well. So far I'm liking it, most of the colours seem to be great quality and nice and smooth and buttery.
Unfortunately when I opened the package the first colour was broken and the powder had spread over the palette. Considering I had spent just over $12 in shipping I was going to write an email to the company, but then I realised the postie probably dropped it at the door :\ So I've just left it, it's not completely broken so..


Undressed palette swatches.





(I'm not sure why no.10 looks so light, but it's actually a medium/dark gold.)

Next up are the two matte lipsticks. These were kind of disappointing for me.. On the site the red one looked a lot more raspberry, and the dark one was a lot more pigmented. They are also hard to get the colour on the lips. I felt like I really had to push the lipstick, which actually dented the lipstick with the other side of the tube.. honestly.. I wouldn't recommend their matte lipsticks.. maybe their glossy lipsticks are better?



Swatches:



This blush is a good quality but has absolutely terrible packaging. The blush is a red-y brown colour  and goes on the skin smoothly, but the packaging was so hard to open that I felt like I was going to break it, and then when I did open it, my nail stuck into the product (which you can see). Maybe their new cream blushers are better but I wouldn't recommend these powder ones..



The MUA eyeliner is good for smudging, but I wouldn't suggest using it if you want a crisp line, I really like the sharpener lid though.


Swatches:


I'm pretty happy with the nail polish I chose. (part of the Fashionista range). It is a purple glitter with a clear base and isn't too thick or too thin and doesn't leave the nail patchy.


Swatch: this is 2 thick coats.



Lastly is the fake eyelashes. I haven't used these yet, but they feel like good quality, thick but not too thick that they look fake and the band isn't too thick either.



I hope you enjoyed my haul and reviews, everything written is my own opinion and everything in this post was bought with my own money.

- Beth :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice haul!!! I really want to do a MUA soon!! Aww what a pity the palette got damaged :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's pretty cheap which is great :) and yea :( at least the other colours were okay i guess :)

      Delete