22/02/2013

Revlon, Essence & Formula 10.0.6 Makeup & Skincare Haul and Review


On Valentines Day I wasn't doing much so I went shopping and picked up a few things on sale ^^


Revlon 'Drop Dead Gorgeous Daily' nail polish set

Polishes Included:
Lilac - 250 Flirt
Blue - 410 Dreamer
Brown - 380 Elegant


Swatches
Elegant, Dreamer, Flirt
(sorry the swatches are back to front)

Priceline had a stand with discounted Revlon products on it, including single nail polishes ($5) eyeliners, lipliners and this nail polish set. Orignally the set was $25, but on sale I got it for $10! I'm not really a fan of brown nail polish but I figured it would be good for nail art for things like bears or chocolate or cakes or something.. haha
I love love love the blue colour, its so pretty! and the lilac is really pretty too~ but I realised when I got home that I already had the lilac colour.. oh well 3 nail polishes for $10 works out to about $3.30 each! For Revlon I think this was a great deal~

Lip Stick, Stains and Lipliners~

Chemist Warehouse were having a sale ( 2 x Revlon lip products for the price of 1, plus %15 off) So I got a matte red lipstick in 006 Really Red and the balm stain shown below. I decided to get this lip stick because of a post I saw on the Makeup Geek website. link The swatch showed the lipstick was a cool matte red, it looked really nice.
 This balm stain is the 5th I've bought.. I love these balm stains ^^ The colour is 001 Honey.
 I bought a lipliner from Essence to go with the Revlon lipstick in 08 Red Blush, I think it was about $2.30 from Priceline.
Top: Revlon Balm Stain in 001 Honey Swatch
Middle: Revlon matte lipstick in 006 Really Red Swatch
Bottom: Essence lipliner in 08 Red blush Swatch


Formula 10.0.6 Pure Pores Duo

I have been thinking about trying Formula 10.0.6 for a while now and it seemed like perfect timing when my Proactiv ran out (which is a ton of money to replace) and I spotted these packs in Priceline. Usually the tubes are about $9 each, so when I saw the face scrub and mask in a pack for $13 I got it straight away~



As you can see in the photos, a little goes a long way. The amount of scrub in the photo is enough to clean your whole face. I've heard some people saying it was too rough for their face, but I liked it, I felt like it was really getting into my pores and my face feels throughly cleaned afterwards. Plus it smells really nice.
For the mask you need a little bit more than what is shown in the photo, but it's worth it. It dries sort of velvet-y on your face and once you wash it off your skin feels really soft. This smells really nice too~


Hope you enjoyed my makeup and skincare haul ^^

- Beth :)

2 comments: