25/01/2014

Lime Crime Pink Velvet Review (and swatches on lips!)

 Just before New Years Eve I decided to order the pink Velvetine from Lime Crime and I love it! So I thought I'd show some swatches and post a review :)


I got  Pink Velvet from an online shop called Rouche Boutique, it was $24.00AUD and they have free shipping on Sundays! They also included a candy cane because I ordered just after Christmas, a business card and a thank you note. I love when companies put in a little extra effort with their packaging :) The Box also came in the little bag that  you can see. If I decide to order Lime Crime again I will happily use this site. They also sell Sigma and Sugarpill at reasonable prices.


The tube itself is almost 10cm/4inch long and 2cm/0.75inch wide. The bottom of the tube where the product is, is frosted glass and the lid is red with pink roses on it and the word Lime Crime on one side. There is also two unicorn heads on the top of the lid and the product name on the bottom of the tube. The applicator is a small doe foot which helps with application.




 Swatches (on hand):

You can see that it applies very wet and dries matte. It has a nice buttery vanilla scent, which isn't very strong. And you don't smell it once it has dried.




The product is a bit pinker than these pictures but you can see that it is very opaque and matte. Once dried it is very hard to smudge this product and if you try to wipe some on your hand only a tiny bit comes off and your lips will still look opaque. It will last through most foods, but definitely not greasy food. (lasagna, fried oily foods, etc.) It will stay on the edges of your lips and completely disappear from the middle of your lips. But when drinking or eating non greasy food, it may fade a little, but most of it will stay on your lips. And you could even get away with not touching up. And it stays on for hours and may stain your lips a little!

With flash:

Close up:


Overall I really like this product. It's very bright but a cool pink medium shade, (more pink than the photos are showing) so if you're in to subtle lips this might not be for you. But if you like bright, colourful lips like me then I really suggest you try it because it is a great product. And the packaging is so cute! I'm considering getting the Red Velvet at the moment, but I'll see :)

I hope my review was helpful and that you enjoyed reading!
All opinions made are my own and I have purchased the products with my own money.

Beth :)






No comments:

Post a Comment