03/01/2013

Best of 2012 Tag (macbarbie07)


Macbarbie07 on Youtube created a tag called 'Best of 2012' and I really wanted to do it, but not on Youtube, so I thought I'd post it here :) I listed the products and did a review and explanation for them as well :)



BEAUTY


1. Face product: Garnier BB Cream

At the start of 2012 I wanted to start using a liquid product instead of just a powder on my face but I didn't want to use a foundation because every time I had used it in the past, it was really thick and I didn't like the feeling of it at all. I had heard of BB cream from The Face Shop, as they had given me a free sample, but I wasn't into it at the time and I thought it was basically a tinted moisturizer. But around the start of 2012, the famous Singaporean blogger Xiaxue blogged about the Garnier BB Cream (linked here). After reading her post I was really impressed with what she said and it was in my price range, so I decided I'd give it a try and I haven't stopped using it since. It blends well, has one for oily skin and one for regular skin, conceals, dries matte, lasts all day and my skin doesn't become oily and the end of the day like it used to! It's amazing!




2. Cheek product: Australias Blush
2012 was sort of the start of  when I began to wear blush, so pretty much all year I've just been using a pink Australias blush.




3. Eye product: Maybelline Eyeliner
This eyeliner is the best eyeliner I have ever used. It's like a felt tip pen and the liquid is like a thin paint. But once it dries, it stays on through everything. I have worn this while working out, clubbing and it even lasted through my shower. It doesn't fade and won't come off until you wipe it off with makeup remover, it's awesome!



4. Lip Product: The Body Shop Lip Balm and Revlon Balm Stain
 I couldn't choose between these two! But to be fair they do different things? haha
The Body Shop lip balm is really moisturizing and is made of beeswax, I really like it.
The balm stain is one of my favorites because you can layer the colour, whether you want a tint of the colour or full opacity you can. And it's not dry, easy to apply and stains, so I really like it.




Romantic, Smitten, Lovesick, Cherish




5. Skincare Product: Proactiv
I have been using Proactiv for a few years now with other cleansers and products in between but Proactiv is alwayd better than the rest. It really does clear my skin up and keeps it clear, unlike other products where my face would still break out while using them. Only two downsides though.. it's quite expensive and dries your skin a little bit, so if you use this, it would be good to invest in a good moisturizer as well.



6. Nail Polish: OPI Pink Friday
I have been using this nail polish all year round: summer, autumn, winter, spring. I think it's just soo pretty and you only need 1 coat to cover the nail. Plus it's one of Nicki Minaj's OPI polishes :P



7. Hair product: Marc Daniels Go Curly
If you put this stuff if your hair when it's damp and scrunch it into your hair and let it dry naturally, it works. Enough said.



8. Body product/Perfume: Vera Wang Princess
I got this perfume about 3 years ago now, but it's still my favorite. It smells amazing!






FASHION


9. Clothing piece: Forever New blue coat
I go to school in the city and I have to get the train in the early morning when it is absolutely freezing in winter, so my mum bought me this coat, it's so warm and reminds me of something on Gossip Girl, I love it!



10. Accessory: Heart necklace
I got this necklace a few years ago, but I still wear it all the time. It's just so pretty and goes with everything~



11. Pair of shoes: Corelli booties
I got this pair of boots this year (I think) when they were on sale from Williams. They go with soo many outfits and are comfortable and the heel isn't ridiculously big and I can make them dressy or casual, so I really love them!






RANDOM


12. Favorite TV Show/Movie: Pretty Little Liars
This show is amazing. There's so many twists, turns, unanswered questions, theories.. it's just soo good!





13. Favorite book: 
Haven't read any this year really :( I've been so busy with school and work, but I really want to start reading again, I miss it. When I was a kid, I read Harry Potter 1-4 5 times each!



14. Food: Chocolate muffins
They're delicious.



15. Beverage: Chai latte
At work pretty much all year I have one of these, the Arkadia brand is really nice.



16. Favorite song: Make Me Proud - Drake Ft. Nicki Minaj
I discovered this song this year and I'm hooked!





No comments:

Post a Comment