01/11/2013

Dorothy (Wizard Of Oz) DIY Costume

I decided to post my other costume from last week just after my witch costume so it wasn't posted too far away from Halloween, I went to a different club last week and I dressed up as Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. I made my costume from scratch using Secret Life of A Bio Nerd's tutorials.


 My costume was made out of a top and skirt. The tutorials I used for them were link (top) and link (skirt). I didn't use stretchy material so I put a zipper in the back instead. I added button holes to the front of the top and attached straps to the back. I wore white frilly socks and DIY'd the shoes. I also added a belt made out of the same material to hide the where the skirt and top meet, which ties into a bow at the back.




For the shoes I used mod podge and red glitter. I painted the glue on then poured some glitter on. (some parts needed two coats) then to seal it I painted a layer of mod podge on top.


For my makeup I did a simple brown smokey eye and wore red lipstick. For my hair I put it into two ponytails and added my extensions and curled it.

I hope you liked my costumes this year!

- Beth :)




1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be okay. I'm definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.
    sexy bedroom costumes uk

    ReplyDelete