01/03/2013

Chi Chi BB Cream and Essence Haul and Reviews


I got a $20 Coles Myer gift card for my birthday, and after my learners test on Wednesday (yes I passed!) I did a little shopping at Target~ 
I did get a few other things from Forever New but I'm also waiting on a package from them, so I'll wait til I get that :)


Wednesday morning was warm but by the afternoon it was cold and rainy..



Chi Chi Super BB Cream ~


I'm running out of my Garnier BB Cream and recently I have been trying not to buy products from brands that are tested on animals (did you know that Lipton tea used to be tested on animals? :\ )
So I did a little research online for the best BB cream that is easily available in Australian stores and doesn't test on animals, which wasn't easy. There were minimal reviews on the BB creams that fit my criteria, so I had to kind of go with my gut.
This BB cream came equal first with the Natio brand, then Nude By Nature. I decided on Chi Chi because of a few reasons.. 1. If you read the packaging, it seems to have a lot of the ingredients that original BB creams have, 2. the colour suits my skin well, 3. I like the packaging and 4. I had the gift card and it was on sale for $15, so I thought even if I don't like it at least it was on sale and I got to use the gift card.
Plus I couldn't find the Natio one in Target and the NBN colours were difficult.. the light was too light and the medium to orange/dark, so I'd have to mix them and pay double the price.

First Impressions of the Chi Chi Super BB Cream (Review):
- moisturizing: I probably won't need a moisturizer underneath as I did with the Garnier, but this makes me worried my skin may be oily throughout the day
- light: It feels a little thick when you first put it on, but it doesn't feel thick when it dries
- good colour: I got the colour 'light' which is their lightest colour. For me, this is a good colour but this isn't light, it's more of a light tan colour, so I wouldn't recommend this for very pale skin colours.
- good packaging: apart from looking really nice, it's easy to dispense the product
- blendability: not as blendable as Garnier but not too bad

When I have worn this for a few weeks I will do a detailed review.


I like how the box matched my nails :P



Essence Colour & Go - 106 Free Hugs


I think this polish was $2.30. It is a light pink pastel colour, but not as light as OPI's Pink Friday. 

I like this Essence nail polish so far, I only needed 2 coats for this opacity and the brush is quite wide which helps cover the nail quicker, the shape of the lid is easy to hold and when you screw the lid on it locks in place.

Essence Free Hugs Swatch

Essence Quick Dry Top Coat ~ Review


I have been looking for a decent top coat for a while since my Rimmel one ran out, which was a good one, but again.. I'm trying to buy products that don't test on animals.. so when I saw this for around $3 in target, I thought I'd try it. I used it over the nails in picture above and so far so good. It gives a really nice shiny finish and doesn't take too long to dry. Only complaints are that you can't really tell when it's dry because the finish is so shiny and it would be helpful if the brush was bigger. But apart from that, it really smooths out the nail polish and it looks really nice. 


Essence Stay Natural Liquid Concealer


I saw this concealer for about $3.00 so I decided to give it a go. I've found it is good for under eye concealing, but not for blemishes and it's hard to control the amount that goes into the brush. You twist the bottom for the product to disperse into the brush but I always twist it too much because it is a little slow to come out. When I first tried to get the product out, I swear I had to twist the bottom 50 times D: So I'd say it's good if you're looking for a cheap under-eye concealer.

I hope you enjoyed my haul and find my reviews and first impressions helpful!

- Beth :)

1 comment:

  1. I just reviewed the Chi Chi Super BB Cream too and had similar thoughts - was interesting to hear what you thought though! x
    http://eleseaesthete.com/2014/03/17/review-chi-chi-super-bb-cream/

    ReplyDelete